- Leadership: coordinating, mentoring, and progressing the relationships between human service volunteers and the clients they serve.
- Community building: increasing community and human service capacities based on shared experiences, common goals, and human-centered design.
- Communication: facilitating and mediating group discussions based on complex topics like DE&I, implicit bias, and social structures.
- Adaptability: a high capacity to produce results under new and changing conditions while providing leadership and support to peers.
AmeriCorpsSTATE, Michigan – Housing Search and Information Specialist
Oct 2021 – Current – Serving with Shelter Association of Washtenaw County
● Assist clients experiencing homelessness obtain vital documentation and support services
● Coordinate clients as they progress through shelter and community programs
● Assist clients in obtaining housing through saving or section 8 to end their homelessness
Real Progressives, Remote – Video Editor
Jan 2021 – Oct 2021
● Produce and edit a weekly web series on economics
● Produce and curate highly visual narratives of the CEO’s podcast and radio appearances
● Use Adobe Creative Suite, as well as the organization’s Microsoft Teams platform
AmeriCorpsVISTA, Michigan – Nonprofit Program Coordinator
Aug 2018 – Aug 2020 – Served with Washtenaw Literacy
● Increase program outreach and service capacity within the community of Ypsilanti, MI
● Coordinate, facilitate, and train an average of 30 volunteers per academic semester
● Increase knowledge and proficiencies in human services and non-profits related to poverty reduction,
workforce development, and college & educational access
E-International Relations, Remote – Vol. Editor
May 2016 – Jan 2018
● Manage developing, editing, curating, and commissioning Online Resources and Student Features
● Manage a team of 15 volunteers spread across the globe
Koening Dunne PC, LLC, Nebraska – File Clerk
Nov 2013 – June 2014
● Processed and maintained client records while ensuring accuracy and confidentiality
● Transported confidential documents and legal filings through the metropolitan area
Omaha Downtown Improvement District, Nebraska – Intern
May 2013 – Aug 2013
● Built an ambassador program designed to link visitors to businesses within the
FirstComp Insurance, Nebraska – Claims Examiner
Dec 2007 – June 2011
● Investigated workplace incidents by communicating with the insured, claimants, and medical
● Maintained and processed a high volume of medical documentation and claimant benefits with strict
adherence to HIPAA laws, client privacy and company policy
Norwich University – M.A. Diplomacy
University of Nebraska Omaha – B.S. Geography
Ypsilanti Community High School, Michigan – Vol. Restorative Justice
Jan 2020 – March 2020
● Assist in resolving conflict with students using restorative methods
Gleaners Foodbank of SE Michigan, Michigan – Geographic Info.
Sys. Oct 2014 – Jan 2015
● Developed map visualizations depicting the geographic allocation of donors
and food distribution.
University of Nebraska Omaha, Nebraska – Int. Student Services
Sept 2013 – May 2014
● Curate numerous student activities that culminated in a large banquet and cultural concert