AmeriCorpsVISTA Ypsilanti, Michigan
Pathways to Employment Service Member, Washtenaw Literacy Aug 2018 – Aug 2020
• Increase program outreach and service capacity within the community of Ypsilanti, MI by building and maintaining community partnerships.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and train an average of 30 volunteers per academic semester throughout numerous educational programs.
• Increase knowledge and proficiencies in human services and non-profits related to poverty reduction, workforce development, and college & educational access through professional development and AmeriCorpsVISTA cohort programs.
E-International Relations, Remote
Deputy Managing Editor, Student Features Team Lead May 2016 – Jan 2018
• Manage developing, editing, curating, and commissioning the Online Resources and Student Features team and section of E-IR’s Student Portal
• Manage a team of 15 volunteers spread across the globe
Koenig|Dunne PC, LLO Omaha, Nebraska
File Clerk November 2013 – June 2014
• Processed and maintained client records while ensuring accuracy and confidentiality
• Transported confidential documents and legal filings through the metropolitan area
Omaha Downtown Improvement District Omaha, Nebraska
Intern May 2013 – August 2013
• Built an Ambassador program designed to link visitors to businesses within the downtown community
FirstComp Insurance Omaha, Nebraska
Claims Examiner December 2007 – June 2011
• Investigated workplace incidents by communicating with the insured, claimants, and medical providers
• Maintained and processed a high volume of medical documentation and claimant benefits with strict adherence privacy and company policy
Norwich University Northfield, Vermont
Masters in Diplomacy with International Conflict Studies Focus, 3.78 GPA June 2017
• Studied international conflict and the diplomatic processes that lead to, mitigate and end conflict. Primary focus on conflict management methods, human rights, and conflict in the Central African region.
University of Nebraska Omaha, Nebraska
B.S. in Geography, 3.1 GPA August 2015
• Studied geography as a science track focusing heavily on computer science and GIS. Supplemental courses on human geography, international relations, and cultural humanities.
Gleaners Foodbank of Southeast Michigan Detroit, Michigan
Volunteer GIS Technician October 2014 – January 2015
• Developed map visualizations depicting the geographic allocation of donors and food distribution
University of Nebraska International Student Services Omaha, Nebraska
Secretary September 2013 – May 2014
• ISS main mission as a group was curating numerous student activities that culminated in a large banquet and cultural concert at the end of the academic year.
• Specific secretary duties entailed documenting bi-weekly group meeting minutes
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• ArcMap General Mapping Certificate August 2012
• ArcMap General Map Projection Certificate September 2012
• International Student Services Award of Service May 2014
• Washtenaw Literacy Core Tutor Training in Basic Literacy Sept 2018
• +Acumen Introduction to Human-Centered Design Nov 2018
• Washtenaw Literacy Core Tutor Training in English as a Second Language Feb 2019